Friday 7 August 2015

July monthly wrap - up and August tbr

Well hello everybody :) I know I'm so late with this post, but sometimes life gets in a way. The same goes and with a reading. I confess, that my July tbr was too ambitious and I choose to many books.

Books I've read: 3
Pages in total: 1640

All of those three books belong to a worst trilogy I have ever read. And this series, written by E. L. James,  consists of:

  1. Fifty shades of Grey 
  2. Fifty shades darker
  3. Fifty shades freed
I don't have much to other than I was cringing the all time. The main female protagonist was absolutely childish and ridiculous. That lip biting and blushing from everything, and I mean everything, made me almost mad.  And I don't even have words about that "inner goddess" thing....what the hell was that ?! At first I even tried to count how many times she bites her lip while blushing and thinking about her inner goddess, but I lost the count in the middle of a first book. 
And what can I say about Grey... well that dude need serious mental help.
Also writing style was less than mediocre, and the story line was meh... so I gave this trilogy only 2 stars out of 5.

After that I got into a reading slump, I started other books, but couldn't finish them in time. So I will finish them next month. And that bring us to the August tbr. As you know I planned to read 6 books in July, but that didn't happened. So I will read remaining three this month and those books are: 

  1. The storyteller's daughter: a retelling of the Arabian nights, by Cameron Dokey
  2. The Devil's star,  by Jo Nesbo
  3. Angels, by Marian Keyes
I'm thinking, that I will be able to read them in the beginning of a month, and only then I will choose what to read next. By the way this month will be a "Bout of books readathon" and I will try to participate in it. I will do separate tbr for it later on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment